This Fresh Peach, Raspberry and Blueberry Cobbler is the result of raspberry picking adventures over the weekend and also going to a couple of farmer’s markets. It’s fun when the fresh fruit comes in and gives you the chance to make some great desserts, or make jams and jellies. Nothing tastes better than freshly picked ripe fruit.
When I was growing up my Mom would make a peach cobbler using canned peaches and the cake would be made using self rising flour. The combination for her cobbler is easy, 1 cup self rising flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup milk and 1 stick melted butter and since the peaches were canned then additional sugar was not needed. My recipe is very similar and equally easy. I used 1 cup all purpose flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1 cup of milk and vanilla flavoring. The fruit was fresh peaches, raspberries and blueberries but I did add 1 cup sugar and some cinnamon to make the fruit even more delectable.
The butter is melted in the pan first and then the batter is added. On top of the batter you spread the fruit with the sugar and sprinkle with cinnamon. During baking the crust rises to the top.
Traditional Fruit Cobbler with Freshly Picked Peaches, Raspberries and Blueberries.
30 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 30 Total Time
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) melted in baking pan
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 lbs. peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups raspberries
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Pour melted butter into a 3 quart baking pan or 12 inch round cast iron skillet.
- Mix flour, sugar, and baking powder together. Add 1 cup milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla and mix well. Pour batter into the melted butter.
- Place cut up peaches, raspberries, and blueberries in a bowl. Add 1 cup sugar and mix together. Add 1 teaspoon lemon juice and stir. Pour fruit over batter in pan. Place a baking pan on the bottom shelve under pan for leak overs.
- Place in a preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Serves 8-10.