This Flank Steak roll is so easy to make and quite impressive for those special guests. The sauce can be made thicker with more flour but I wanted to keep it low carb. It was delicious without the flour. The low fat half and half makes it tasty without a lot of fat. Try it and you can’t go wrong for the family or for a special occasion.
This is a great recipe to serve your husband, wife or special friend on Valentine’s Day or a Special Occasion. It tastes rich but isn’t so much and you will still feel like having a yummy dessert!
Flank Steak strips are wrapped around spinach and herbed cream cheese and served with a delicious brandy cream sauce.
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 Flank Steak, cut into 1 1/2 inch strips lengthwise
- Fresh spinach leafs
- 1 1/2 cups herbed cream cheese
- liberal amount of Garlic powder
- liberal amount of onion powder
- Seasoned Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 cups low fat half and half
- 1/4 cup brandy
- String for tying steaks
- Place 1 1/2 inch strips of flank steak flat on a cutting board, line each piece with herbed cream cheese, Then add spinach leaves along length of strip.
- Roll up each flank steak strip. Tie with string.
- Sprinkle each roll with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder.
- Heat oil in grill pan or skillet.
- Saute each roll until brown on each side and until doneness that you desire.
- Heat oil in same skillet. Mix in flour to make a roux, stir until light brown.
- Add 1 1/2 cups low fat half and half and stir until starting to thicken. Add more half and half to make it the consistency that you like. Add 1/4 cup brandy.
- Stir and cook for a few minutes.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Place 1/4 cup sauce on plate, Place flank steak roll on top. Serve with your favorite vegetables