When I was a caterer, Brie Cheese in Puff Pastry with Jam was one of my most requested hors d’oeurve or appetizers for parties and wedding buffets.
Brie Cheese in a creamy cheese that is covered with a rind. The rind is edible. You can test the creaminess of the brie by pressing on the cheese. The younger the cheese is, the creamier it will be.
Puff pastry is usually purchased in a package of 2 rectangles and then rolled to the size that you need. Use one rectangle to wrap the brie and one rectangle to cut out a decoration for the brie if needed.
Brie Cheese in Puff Pastry looks beautiful on buffet tables surrounded with strawberries, fruits, and cheeses and other hors d’oeuvre. The acidity in fruit enhances the taste and creaminess of brie cheese.
Most often I will use strawberry jam on top of the brie when I’m planning to surround with strawberries. I have also used orange marmalade to top the cheese.
Set up the buffet with the cheese on a taller platter and the fruit and vegetables lower or surrounded on a platter.
To make the display fancier you can display the brie cheese in puff pastry on a mirror.
- 1 round brie
- 1 package puff pastry
- strawberry jam (or jam flavor of your choice)
- 1 egg
- fruit and breads and crackers for serving
- Coat the top of brie with strawberry jam.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Let puff pastry come to room temperature and then roll out one of the rectangles so that it is about 4 inches bigger all around the brie.
- Place brie with jam in the middle of rolled out puff pastry. Bring edges of puff pastry up around the brie and overlap and ceil.
- With the second piece of puff pastry make a decoration for the top. hearts, shamrocks, or flowers are option. Place on top of the brie enclosed in puff pastry.
- Whip egg and then brush the puff pastry with egg.
- Place brie in puff pastry onto baking pan.
- Bake until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve on a platter surrounded by fruit and crackers.