Here is a new blog post that I wrote a long time ago but never published. It’s summer time and I thought you would like it because lamb chops are really great on the grill. It was a little unusual that I was making them in the cold month of March in Michigan. Grilled Mediterranean Lamb Chops are Easy To Make. You can marinate them for a few hours or not. The longer you marinate the chops the better. For summer months I recommend grilling them outside. We use a charcoal grill. This fast recipe will grill in a short time and is quite delicious.
Time to marinade the Lamb Chops for my husband’s birthday dinner. My husband prefers I cook than to go out to eat so even though I would prefer to go out, it is his birthday so I will make one of his favorite dishes and that is lamb chops.
It’s the end of March in Michigan and still too cold to grill outside (some people even reported snow today) so I’ll be using my stove grill. But first I’ll marinate the lamb chops in olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
Some other flavors of Mediterranean cooking are oregano, thyme, feta, red onions, tomatoes, basil, olives and couscous. So you can see that the Mediterranean Lamb Chops along with the Greek Salad and the couscous all fit right into Mediterranean cuisine, making this the perfect Mediterranean meal.
- 8 Lamb Chops
- 1/4 cup EVOO, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Mix EVOO, lemon juice, chopped garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper together. Spread over the lamb chops. Let marinate for 1-2 hours. Can be grilled immediately.
- Remove from marinate and place on hot grill or hot grill pan. Watch carefully. When lamb chops are brown on first side then flip to other side. Grill for an additional 5 minutes. Remove and serve. Sprinkle with additional salt if needed.