Rhubarb Strawberry Yogurt Parfait is a perfect dessert to make when the fresh rhubarb comes in this spring. Even though it isn’t spring yet, I found some rhubarb in the store yesterday. Plus I recently saw a picture of a dessert that was layered with rhubarb and strawberry in a magazine and then a few hours later I came across the fruit in my grocery store and I decided I had to make a Rhubarb Strawberry Yogurt Parfait.
Rhubarb is very tart and it takes a lot of sugar to make it taste great. Although as a child I used to eat it raw, but I use to suck on lemons also. What is it with children and sour things? A lot of children love sour things. Anyways I started with 1/4 cup sugar to sweeten the rhubarb, then went up to 1/2 cup sugar. I used plain Greek Yogurt for this recipe.
I used Oikos Triple Zero Plain Greek yogurt for the recipe. The triple zero means it contains 0 added sugar, 0 artificial sweeteners, 0 fat. I’m not getting paid to mention this product but I found the yogurt to be really creamy and thick and it was just what you would want for a layered dessert like Rhubarb Strawberry Yogurt Parfait.
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 4 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 4 cups strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 16 oz Greek Yogurt
- Clean and chop rhubarb and strawberries. Chop each stalk of the rhubarb and slice the strawberries.
- Place rhubarb and strawberries in a kettle. Add 1/2 cup sugar and juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Over medium heat gently stir the fruit until mixed. Continue cooking on low heat for about 20 minutes until rhubarb is soft.
- Layer your glasses with rhubarb and strawberry compote, Greek yogurt and more rhubarb and strawberry compote.
- Add a wedge of lemon on top.