What could be better than how your mouth starts to water when you think of eating chicken that is drenching in a lemon, garlic, ginger butter sauce. You would think that I had not eaten in a long while but as I write this I did eat recently but yet those flavors from the thoughts of the delectable flavors makes me salivate. I hope you and your family enjoy this dish as much as we do!
Isn’t this a beautiful chicken. It is completely free of growth hormones and antibiotics. Sometimes I am able to get chickens that do not have added antibiotics and growth hormones if my store has them. When the store has the healthier option then I’m willing to pay a little more to know that my family is not consuming a chicken that is filled with antibiotics and growth hormones. How about you?
Saute ginger, smashed garlic in butter and olive oil, add lemon and a little coconut sugar to make your sauce. Then take this mixture and spread over the prepared chicken, inside and out. Salt and pepper the chicken and bake in the oven until a meat thermometer registers 155.
This chicken is very good served with golden potatoes and asparagus but would also be delicious with rice or pasta. The sides will absorb the flavors from the lemon garlic ginger sauce.
Chicken is covered with a garlic ginger sauce, baked and served with garlic ginger potatoes and garlic ginger asparagus
25 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 25 Total Time
- 1 whole chicken
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6-8 slices of ginger
- 6-8 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- 4-6 cups golden potatoes, cut into quarters or smaller
- 1 lb of asparagus
- Wash the chicken and thoroughly dry.
- Slice ginger root into 6-8 slices and peel and crushed 6-8 garlic cloves.
- Melt butter in pan and add olive oil. Place the ginger root and garlic in the butter and oil mixture. Add juice of 1 lemon. Stir and turn off heat. Let sit in the oil for up to an hour.
- Spread the mixture over the prepared chicken, thoroughly getting into the cavities and place the remaining ginger and garlic inside the chicken. Salt and pepper the inside and outside of the chicken.
- Bake the chicken for 1 hour or until the chicken reaches 150 degrees using a meat thermometer.
- While the chicken is baking boil the potatoes until fork tender, drain.
- Pour the juices from the chicken into a pan and saute cooked potatoes and uncooked asparagus until asparagus is done. (about 5 minutes)
- Serve chicken, potatoes and asparagus together on a platter