My Green Smoothie Breakfast Bowl is one of my new favorites to start the day. Why? First because it tastes so good and is refreshing. Second, because it is healthy and filled with protein and lots of good vitamins. Third, because it is so easy to make and makes 2 servings, so if you are making it for yourself then you have 2 days worth of wholesome goodness. It keeps very well in the refrigerator.
If you have children in the family, you might find that they love to eat this for breakfast. What a great way to have a healthy breakfast and get the children out the door for school knowing they just eat a lot of vitamins.
Above you see the ingredients for making the Green Smoothie Breakfast Bowl, one sweet apple, 1 banana, 1 cup of pineapple, a large handful of spinach and 1 cup of Greek 0-fat yogurt and a food processor. It couldn’t be easier to make and very fast. It takes no more than 10 minutes to make.
I found that I ate 1/2 for breakfast and was going to save the other half for the next day but later that night I ate it. That isn’t a problem because it is so easy to make you can make another one in a jiffy! Which I did the next morning!
Green Smoothie Breakfast Bowl with Fresh Fruit and Spinach is filled with vitamins and is a great way to start your day.
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 red sweet apple, peeled and chopped (save a little red peel for garnish)
- 1 banana
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 large handful baby spinach (any spinach will do)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (0 fat)
- Peel the apple and cut into small chucks. Save some of the red peel and dice for garnish for the top.
- Cut up the banana, pineapple.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until the it is the consistancy that you want.
- Pour into 2 bowls and garnish with the apple.