You are going to love these Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Quinoa Cookies! So easy to make and healthy. I made these delicious cookies by combining a couple of recipes, adding my own touches and they turned out great. Oatmeal and quinoa add to the texture and peanut butter and almond butter add to the moistness. Then coconut, brown sugar, chocolate chips and craisins supply the sweetness. There are no eggs, no flour but you wouldn’t know it by the terrific taste. These cookies are high in protein and gluten free.
I’m always looking for recipes for the little ones in the family that are healthy foods and will provide some of the vitamins that they missed at the main meal. My grandson is very picky about what he eats. When he was 2 he would eat a lot of vegetables and meats but now he seems turned off by those same foods. I think he doesn’t like the texture of some foods. But unfortunately he does like sweets.
If you have a picky eater in your house and want to give them some of the protein and vitamins missed at dinner then try these Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Quinoa Cookies.
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Quinoa Cookies
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa = 2 cups cooked - blend in blender
- 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or 1/4 cup peanut butter + 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Craisins
- Process 2 cups cooked quinoa while still warm and the uncooked rolled oats in food processor or blender.
- Add the peanut butter and almond butter.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop cookies onto cookie sheet.
- Flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 20 min. at 350 degrees