Your taste buds will come alive when you try this salmon that is marinated with the
sweet and sour flavors of orange, lemon, lime and honey and the
Asian flavors of sesame, soy sauce, garlic and ginger and topped with almonds.
In addition to the sweet and salty flavors of the citrus, honey and soy sauce, garlic and ginger there is sesame oil and almonds. and the salmon rests on a bed of mixed greens, oranges, lemons, limes and Asian dressing. All flavors come together to make the most moist, flavorful, delicious Asian Citrus Salmon Salad that you have ever eaten.
Make the marinate dressing and divide it in half. Marinate the salmon in half of the mixture and save the other half for the salad dressing.
This salmon was very moist. Five things come together to make salmon moist, delicious and with melt in your mouth goodness. The requirements for a moist piece of salmon are:
- Buy the best quality salmon possible. I prefer wild caught salmon but it is not always available. Many farm raised salmon are also very good.
- Salmon with more fat in it, that is more marbling will be better tasting.
- Purchase a piece that is at least 1 inch thick. The thicker the better.
- Marinate with a delicious combination of flavors like this Asian citrus marinate.
- Grill the salmon for about 5 minutes on each side. Salmon will be more moist if cooked on the rare to medium rare but if you only like it well done then grill for a few minutes longer on each side.
After marinating the salmon in the flavorful and delicious dressing, grill it in a grill pan. I really needed new cookware and while watching HSN one night I ended up purchasing this one. I actually purchased the whole set of cookware in red. Here is another version of the Curtis Stone grill pan. Ended up loving them so much that I purchased another set for my daughter in turquoise. I love the grill pan.
If you want a simple, moist, flavorful salmon salad recipe then this Asian Citrus Salmon Salad is the one that will make your taste buds happy!
- 2 lemons (1 lemon for 1/4 cup juice and 1 lemon, sliced into circles for salad}
- 2 limes (1 lime for 1/4 cup juice and 1 lime, sliced into circles for salad)
- 2 oranges (1 orange for 1/2 cup juice and 1 orange, sliced into circles for salad)
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1 large garlic clove, grated
- 1 lb piece of salmon (1 inch thick)
- additional 1/4 cup honey
- 8 cups spring greens
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- salt and pepper
- For marinate and salad dressing: Combine orange juice, lemon juice, lime juice, 1/4 honey, 1/4 cup sesame oil, soy sauce, shredded ginger, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Divide the marinate/salad dressing in half. Place 1/2 of the mixture in a bowl and place salmon in marinate mixture and coat on each side.
- Place the other half in a salad dressing container to use on the salad.
- Marinate the salmon for 1/2 hour to 1 hour.
- While salmon is marinating, make salad.
- Place spring greens on large platter. Arrange orange, lemon and lime slices on top. Sprinkle with almonds and a little dressing.
- Grill salmon starting with the skinless side down, grill for 5-8 minutes. Turn and grill for an additional 5-8 minutes.
- Cover the top of salmon with 1/4 cup honey and spread additional almonds on top.
- Place grilled salmon on top of the salad.
- Pour additional salad dressing on top.
- Serves 4.